Our Hudson County Keller Williams team raised over $12,000 on RED DAY, the company-wide annual day of service where we commit to Renew, Energize, and Donate within the communities we serve (perhaps you saw us in our red shirts!). This year, with a theme of “Give Where You Live”, our Hudson County KW office chose Hudson CASA as the recipient of our RED DAY donations. We are proud to support the children who will benefit from Hudson CASA Services.
Hudson CASA’s program, Project Helping Hands, supplies special items and opportunities for the foster children it serves. Our KW team joined forces to raise money for Project Helping Hands through a Facebook campaign and collaboration with lenders, attorneys, clients and the community at large. Examples of items Project Helping Hands has provided include:
|• Household items for a CASA teen’s new apartment|
• Gymnastics classes and a recital costume for a 9-year-old girl
• A bike and accessories for a 14-year-old girl
• School uniforms for six CASA teens in middle and elementary school
• A hair and nail appointment for an 18-year-old to attend her senior prom
• Speech therapy sessions for a 10-year-old girl
• Professional clothing for a CASA teen to attend his first job interview.
• Event lodging and attendance for three CASA boys and their families to attendNational High School Scholars Day in Washington D.C.
• Halloween costumes for three siblings
• A gift basket for a five-year old boy recovering in the hospital from open heart surgery
• Model building kits
Thank you for your support of our annual day of giving. We look forward to supporting our community again next year on RED DAY and more.